Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Pre-Cultural Experiece

23 June 2008

I went to an interview for the student exchange program. And it was one of my greatest experience ever... *laughs* I went there at first , thinking that would be stressful over there because my teacher said " Remember , they are watching you. "... So I was a little bit nervous.. However , in the end it wasn't that bad.. except for one.. Anyway , there were many great people , gathered at outside of the hall. All of them each has their own unique individual abilities and personalities. Which was great from my point of view. I've always wanted to get to know more different types of people.. Seeing what God has implanted in each of us... But that wasn't the actual reason I came to this interview. " I came here to be accepted! " I thought. Well , not really though because I went there with faith. Like the messages from all of the three services in that weekend before this. So just went there with.. faith.

Anyway to cut the long story short , it was like... a camp but only lasts for a day. They separated us into groups. Oh and there were 200+ people present for this interview. I was in this " snake " group. Firstly , I looked at my teammates.. ... well , I can't judge them so I just looked at them. I met a female version of me. Her name is " Danielle ". See? *laughs* I thought she was a French.. So I kept calling her French Italian... Wondered why though. Anyhow she wasn't a whatever I call her but an Eurasian. I met other students who are also have a mix race parents. Like 1 with a Chindian ( Chinese + Indian ) mother.. and some other races which I've forgotten.. But there are many. In my group there was this Malay dude who stayed in Scotland for 4 years.. Which caught my attention for not the wrong reasons but because one of my close friends too stayed in Europe , England to be specific for 4 years.. Pretty amazing huh.. This guy... has really good English. I mean not the accent type but just practically the language itself.. He can speak. The malays there.. really.. totally good English. I don't doubt all of them are greater than my close friends who almost score a perfect for their English essay.

Then to my group.. All of them are great people! Really admire them for how they live. Very different from what it is here. We , my group did a sketch. I think everyone did a great job. Unlike my previous group in the previous camp.. Sorry to say , they are so much cooperative and they listens.. They even listened to my last minute change of plans.. In conclusion , they did really well. Hopefully to meet them again one day. It's kinda cool that during our lunch break we tried to gather as many of our members at our table.. Was really cool.. God bless them all.

.....

Then came the interview.. I was really nervous when they called out my name. I went outside , went to the interviewing place. I looked at the interviewer and went with faith. And did all my teacher advised me to do.. Said many wrong stuffs... And came out disappointed. I am upset about one thing though... He never looked at me! I never knew interviewers do not look at people.. Wow.. just looking at my resume? Now I wonder why don't he just phone me..

Anyway , was really sad... really really sad.. I came back from the interview.. With a long face. or sad face.. anything to describe that I was depressed.

.....

But everything else went okay I guess.. Asked one of the volunteers , she said it doesn't matter if my interview was bad.. It was an overall performance.. But now I wonder again , how they evaluated us.. Oh well.. We'll know when the result comes out.

No comments: